RN Director of Clinical Informatics FT St. Francis Hospital Memphis
- Job ID 2105013612
- Date posted 04/15/2021
- Facility Saint Francis Hospital - Memphis
The hospital Clinical Informatics Director (CID) will direct the implementation and optimization of clinical applications, projects and initiatives that support providers and clinicians in providing quality patient care in the most efficient manner using technology. The CID will combine their clinical knowledge and informatics expertise to promote the adoption and optimization of the electronic medical record (EMR). The CID will operationalize informatics that support policy, procedure and clinical standards. The CID is the subject matter expert for the EMR and will be responsible for select participation on work teams to design, build and test changes to the EMR.
- Directs daily operation of the CI department. Establishes and enforces policies, procedures, standards and objectives.
- Directs and supervises staff to include hire, evaluation, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Provides for the on-going effective operation of CI department and leadership to support the organization's mission, vision, goal and objectives.
- The CID is responsible for communicating EMR changes to physicians, customizing content to support clinical workflow and educating nursing and department leaders on EMR changes.
- The CID will regularly perform hospital rounds to provide informatics service and support to physicians and clinicians.
- The CID is the primary point of contact for EMR issue escalation and resolution improving the customer experience.
- The CID will align with information systems (IS) and clinical operations to operationalize changes that improve clinical workflow associated with the EMR.
- The CID will collaborate with the MDI, nursing and key department leaders to promote the adoption of clinical applications and meet clinical and IS performance metrics through the effective use of data and reporting.
- The CID has a direct report to the hospital CNO and a dotted line report to the MCID.
- The CID is accountable for ensuring the hospital Medical Informatics Specialist or Clinical Informatics Specialist is performing job duties as assigned.
- The CID collaborates with the MDI to improve physician and clinician satisfaction with the EMR, promote "voice of the customer" and improve IS service and support.
Required: Bachelor degree in Nursing. Exceptions to education requirements may be approved by Regional Clinical Informatics Director.
Required: 5 years of experience in clinical nursing, with 2 years of experience in Clinical Informatics.
Required: Current RN license.
Preferred: Certification in Nursing Informatics with ANCC.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.