Care Continuity Supervisor / Rotating Shifts / Travel within the Miami FL Markets / Bilingual Preferred / Full Time
- Job ID 1905020303
- Date posted 05/21/2019
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Supervisor will oversee and maximizing the CareContinuity program, aimed at improving the post-acute care delivered to the patient, while at the same time, providing an exceptionally high degree of customer service to both the patient and various members of the hospital clinical team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provides overall supervision of Care Continuity for assigned division including direction, knowledge, and resources to management and staff to enable them and ensure program success. Develops, coaches and/or mentors staff. Monitors and builds team morale and productivity as measured against planned objectives.
- Identifies key performance indicators and utilize them to track and manage product performance.
- Develops and delivers Care Continuity training to divisional staff and its clients.
- Develops, refines and manages the product to maximize operational goals and objectives while working with the management team and staff.
- Maintains staffing level as determined by management including interviewing, hiring and performance management.
- Acts as a substitute care coordinator on a limited basis to address unexpected, short-term coverage gaps in multiple markets
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Care Coordinator I, II and III. Typically, a 1:15 ratio
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working familiarity with the Care Continuity tool as well as general understanding of clinical flow related it discharge planning
- P/C systems literate including Windows, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented, with strengths in dealing with multiple facilities, Supervisors, and Hospital platforms
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and management skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor�s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing and/or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 � 5 years of experience in healthcare finance administration preferred
- Most recent 3 years of experience in Federal, State and Local government programs preferred
- 2 � 3 years of supervisory experience in Federal, State and Local government programs preferred
- Working knowledge of healthcare products preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk through a hospital environment, including across broad campus settings and Emergency Department environments, and visit patients at bedside
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Both Hospital and Office facilities, in direct contact with Patients and Staff
- Must be able to travel
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.