Chief Nursing Officer North Shore Medical Center Miami, FL
- Job ID 1905018465
- Date posted 05/03/2019
- Facility North Shore Medical Center
- An academic degree in nursing is required, and a Master�s degree in Nursing or related field (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or Management) is strongly preferred.
- Active and current registered nurse license in the state of residence/practice is required.
- Current CENP or NEA certification preferred.
- At least five years of progressive management experience in a facility environment as an Associate Chief Nursing Officer or Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability and facility operational expertise.
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
- Strong labor relations background.
- An individual able to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes, patient safety, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
- An individual with proven success recruiting, retaining and developing staff. Someone effective in mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement.
- Takes the lead in complying with regulatory standards, rules and laws.
- Proven ability to identify the need for change, anticipating, recognizing and creatively solving resistance to change; working with others to view change as a challenge and opportunity for growth. Displays an ability to be a risk taker and assume the role of change agent. However, someone who understands the importance of collegiality, collaboration and team spirit.
- A credible nurse leader who utilizes communication, coaching, sponsorship and training to successfully manage the people-side of change in order to realize successful outcomes of a business change.
- One who is positive, creative and innovative with a strong understanding of the business aspects of healthcare and the acumen to play a substantive role in developing strategies, budgets and business plans. Financially astute, with a solid understanding of cost issues and initiatives.
- Clearly a leader by example, able to articulate a clear vision and expectations for patient care services and other areas of responsibility.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.
- A collaborative and operational manager who will give employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a dedicated listener, comfortable in a variety of settings dealing with diverse constituencies; a broad thinker. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision for the medical staff.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.