General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible for coordinating and managing all processes of the front office
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
- Answering office phones, making appointments.
- Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Collects co-pays and posts charges.
- Managing physician surgical schedule as well as other business related appointments and other basic office related tasks.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the physician office, including the medical records process, patient and?physician scheduling, controlling the front?desk, accounts payable, confirming appointments, office supplies and insurance verification.
- Charge entry and patient balance processing.
- Daily reconciliation of charges and payments.?
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Education: High school diploma/GED required
Certification: Prefer healthcare management/administration certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience working in a medical office/medical administrative setting
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities