Search Open Positions
RN Charge Labor and Delivery FT Nights
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
**10K Sign On Bonus**
RN Charge Labor and Delivery FT Nights Position Summary
Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
RN CHARGE LABOR AND DELIVERY FT NIGHTS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
2. BLS current at hire,
3. NRP certification prior to completion of orientation.
4. ACLS within 6 months of hire.
5. AWHONN fetal monitoring maintained as per Tenet Guidelines.
6. Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
1. Demonstrates an understanding of regulatory requirements and professional practice guidelines
2. Shows competence in the performance of department-specific skills in order to be a resource and mentor for others
3. Demonstrates an active involvement in leadership activities
4. Collaborates with other departments in a professional manner as needed to provide patient-centered care
5. Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership skills
6. Attend ongoing leadership training courses offered by facility
7. Promotes, facilitates, and educates team members on new practice changes, regulatory requirements, and organizational practice changes in a timely manner
8. Performs other specific department tasks as assigned by members of the department’s leadership team
9. Assists in monitoring staff performance, behaviors, and competency for performance reviews
10. Assigns and delegates patient care tasks as appropriate, considering staff members’ level of nursing experience, competency, and knowledge
11. Able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
12. Able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
13. Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
14. Able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
15. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
16. Discretion is required in handling confidential information
17. Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.