RN Charge NICU Level II Full-Time Nights $25K Sign-On
- Job ID 1905028967
- Date posted 11/07/2019
- Facility East Cooper Medical Center
Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of regulatory requirements and professional practice guidelines
- Shows competence in the performance of department-specific skills in order to be a resource and mentor for others in the department
- Demonstrates an active involvement in leadership activities
- Collaborates with other departments in a professional manner as needed to provide patient-centered care
- Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership skills
- Attend ongoing leadership training courses offered by facility
- Promotes, facilitates, and educates team members on new practice changes, regulatory requirements, and organizational practice changes in a timely manner
- Performs other specific department tasks as assigned by members of the department s leadership team
- Assists in monitoring staff performance, behaviors, and competency for performance reviews
- Assigns and delegates patient care tasks as appropriate, considering staff members level of nursing experience, competency, and knowledge
- Must be able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
- Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
- Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
- Must be able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
- Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
- Discretion is required in handling confidential information
- Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
- Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
- Must have current BLS, NRP certifications. Labor and Delivery Charge must have current AWHONN fetal monitoring and ACLS.
- Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.