RN House Supervisor PRN Nights
- Job ID 2105013347
- Date posted 04/15/2021
- Facility East Cooper Medical Center
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, supervises and facilitates direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care and oversees, directs, and coordinates hospital activities. Represents Nursing Directors and other managers after normal business hours. Oversees patient care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric. Functions as a resource for clinical practice. Represents nursing and hospital administration to the medical staff, patients, and associates. Identifies, resolves, and provides follow-up on problems involving patients and/or hospital operations. In the absence of Administration, acts as the Incident Commander in Emergency/Disaster situations. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet hospital goals. Supports and enhances quality care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Graduate of an accredited College of Nursing
2. BSN required
3. Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
4. Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
5. Current BCLS, ACLS & PALS certification
6. Three years of recent hospital experience required; ICU and/or ED experience preferred
7. Demonstrated management and teaching ability
8. Must become a Notary for the state of South Carolina within 90 days of assuming position
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.