RN PACU PART TIME DAYS
- Job ID 1905021146
- Date posted 08/26/2019
- Facility East Cooper Medical Center
Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Must have management and teaching ability
- Must be able to assume the role of a Charge Nurse as needed/requested
- Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
- Successful completion of nursing service orientation program
- Attends IV Therapy training and/or demonstrates competency in intravenous therapy within one year
- Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
- Maintains competency and/or certification specific to departmental requirements
- Must have current BCLS, ACLS and PALS certifications
- Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.