Sterile Processing Tech Full-Time Days
- Job ID 2105013562
- Date posted 04/15/2021
- Facility East Cooper Medical Center
Under the direction of the Nurse, performs sub-professional duties including utilizing sterile technique to assist physicians during surgery. Assists licensed staff and physicians as directed within approved standards. Performs other related duties as directed. Assumes the responsibility for meeting the basic needs of all patients assigned. Provides care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Successful completion of hospital service orientation program
3. Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
4. Must have current BCLS certification
5. Previous hospital experience preferred
6. Competently performs unit specific duties as assigned
7. Must utilize common sense and good judgment.
8. Must be able to adapt to varying patterns of supervision.
9. Must be able to perform duties accurately under stress.
10. Must perform duties within scope of practice and conforming to standards of practice.
11. Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members.
12. Discretion is required in handling confidential information.
13. Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends, and holidays due to staffing and census fluctuations.
14. Physically able to turn up to 125 pounds (can lift up to 30 pounds) using appropriate body mechanics.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.