HISTOLOGY TECH Full Time
- Job ID 2105004654
- Date posted 02/04/2021
- Facility Nacogdoches Medical Center
Performs various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.
- Prepares microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic/research purposes
- Performs tissue stains to assist in diagnosis
- Handles specimen accessioning
- Maintains laboratory and equipment
- Reviews quality control, performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of histology instruments and equipment
Required: Completion of training in an NCCLS-approved Histology Technician program
Preferred: Bachelor s or Associate's degree
Preferred: 1 year experience as Histotechnician
Required: State licensure where required.
Preferred: Histotechnician certification through ASCP (or equivalent).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.