Search Open Positions
Responsible for evaluating Financial Assistance application packets submitted for charity care recommendation. Accountable for performing timely follow up on patient accounts designated as potential charity care to assess patients’ financial status for charity and/or indigent care classification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Evaluates documentation to approve or deny charity and indigent care for compliance to Conifer policies. Analyzes and assesses tax returns, income verifications, bank statements, living expenses, etc.
- Completes application packets recommending or denying Conifer Charity or Indigent Care including calculation of income/expense and outstanding debt and preparation of summary sheet.
- Contacts patients to obtain required verifications and other financial documentation to evaluate for Conifer Charity and Indigent Care.
- Keeps accurate logs of accounts approved or denied for financial assistance.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Basic knowledge of government programs
- Intermedicate analytical and mathematical skills
- Intermediate writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 4 year college degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related area or preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet