Search Open Positions
Security Officer FT Nights
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, you’ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Security Officer FT Nights Position Summary
Security Officer (Unarmed Security) is instrumental in maintaining a safe and secure environment for our employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors, and visitors by monitoring and patrolling our facilities. Officers demonstrate exceptional customer service while providing assistance with disruptive incidents, emergency services, personal protection, and traffic/parking control.
- Protect life, property, information, and reputation by employing situational awareness; monitoring and securing designated entrances/exits; observing flow of employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors, and visitors into the facility; verifying credentials and providing directions to authorized areas.
- Evaluate and respond in a timely manner to events and incidents in accordance with System policies.
- Provides exceptional customer service to staff, patients, visitors, and physicians.
- Respond immediately, or as the appropriate, to emergency/unusual situations including disturbances, disruptive employees, patients, vendors & visitors, fires, and medical emergencies (i.e., including, but not limited to restraining agitated patients in accordance with Tenet Corporate Security and facility policy).
- Prepares and submits all required incident documentation according to Tenet Corporate Security and facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all security orders, written and oral, pertaining to assigned duties, as well as working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Control and regulate pedestrian and vehicle traffic, when volume and events require, in an orderly and safe manner.
- Enforce facility access control policy and parking regulations.
- Provide safety escorts and assistance to employees, patients, and visitors.
- Patrols and protects the facilities by foot and/or vehicle to detect or prevent illegal/unauthorized activities.
- Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations utilizing identified Tenet Corporate Security processes.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
THE SECURITY OFFICER FT NIGHTS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: High school graduate or GED; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: 2 years in a security role, law enforcement, or military background; or, a minimum of 3 years of strong customer service roles with the ability and willingness to learn security practices.
Required: Licensure/ certification as required by state law. Valid state driver license.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet