Patient Account Representative - Remote
- Job ID 1905006399
- Date posted 02/13/2019
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for all aspects of billing, follow up and collection activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites. Identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution. Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed. Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity. Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed. Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers. Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge. Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation process with their Supervisor. Respond timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate. Communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Intermediate knowledge of insurance collections and insurance terminology
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 0-4 years of experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Team Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.