Search Open Positions
Patient Service Center Representative I- Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Service Center Representative I is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently handling the day to day operations relating to a patient’s anticipated appointment. The PSC REP I may be assigned to either the financial clearance function or the scheduling function and is expected to maintain positive customer service at all times. Upon occasion, the PSC Rep I may perform both financial clearance and scheduling duties but with limited scope. The individual is expected to develop a thorough understanding of assigned function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- If assigned to Financial Clearance:
- Collect and verify required patient demographic and financial data elements and creating a complete pre-registered account for a scheduled visit
- Completes the pre-certification process by obtaining authorization from insurer and/or healthcare facility, verify patient insurance and confirm benefits eligibility
- Assist other team members where necessary
- Adheres to department policies and procedures related to verification of eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related duties
- If assigned to Scheduling:
- PSC Rep I would be assigned to easier, less complex scheduling
- Responsible for accurate and timely scheduling for outpatient appointments
- Provide callers with information related to their appointments (i.e., prep information for test, directions, cancelling/rescheduling of tests, order management etc.) and any other question the callers might ask.
- Other duties as assigned based on departmental needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a production driven call-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dual computer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Must be able to multi task in a high volume center
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Two years of college (two years in a professional, customer service-driven environment may substitute for two years of college)
- Preferred: Telephone/call center experience
- Preferred: Pre-registration and/or scheduling experience
- Preferred: 1-2 years of customer service experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 0% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Supervisor - Remote Job ID: 2105033264 Date posted: 09/16/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Credit Resolution Representative - Remote Job ID: 2105030531 Date posted: 09/14/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2105031490 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet