Search Open Positions
Administrative Assistant FT Days Graduate Medical Education
The Residency Program Administrative Assistant works in conjunction with the Program Coordinator, Program Directors, Faculty, and GME Office, by performing functions related to administrative coordination and support within the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Administrative Support for Program Directors and Program Coordinator
- Maintain Program Director and Associate Program Director Calendars
- Maintain and update Program Director and Associate Program Director’s curriculum vitae
- Draft and/or transcribe letters, reports, email and other written communications
- Perform general administrative support tasks as needed, including departmental phone calls, distribution of material, copying, scanning, ordering catering, arranging meetings, preparing agenda and minutes, and any other tasks or special projects as assigned by Program Directors and Program Coordinator
- Provide support and coverage in the day-to-day activities of the residency program, including but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding/orientation, graduation, accreditation, misc. faculty needs
- Function as the first contact liaison to students, faculty, residents, community sites, and school administration for any issues or questions relating to the clerkship
- Coordinates all medical student rotations to include developing student schedules with Chief Residents, assisting with evaluation process; working with affiliated medical schools, and maintain on-going communication with medical students/applicants.
Fiscal & Reporting Responsibilities
- Provide documentation and work with GME Office to process affiliation agreements and contracts
- Provide support to faculty to prepare and submit monthly logs
- Gather patient census and other statistical data required for reporting as needed
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working with Medical Residency Programs or Medical Students highly desirable.
- Experience working with New Innovations or other residency management system highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Marketing Coordinator Full Time Days Marketing Job ID: 2205016115 Date posted: 04/27/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Marketing Manager Full Time Days Marketing Job ID: 2205016116 Date posted: 04/27/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Medical Secretary Cancer Center Full Time Days Job ID: 2205022812 Date posted: 06/15/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet