Administrative Assistant GME Full Time 8 Hour Days
- Job ID 2105006720
- Date posted 02/22/2021
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Administrative Support for Program Directors and Program Coordinator
? Maintain Program Director and Associate Program Director Calendars
? Maintain and update Program Director and Associate Program Director’s curriculum vitae
? Draft and/or transcribe letters, reports, email and other written communications
? Perform general administrative support tasks as needed, including departmental phone calls, distribution of material, copying, scanning, ordering catering, arranging meetings, preparing agenda and minutes, and any other tasks or special projects as assigned by Program Directors and Program Coordinator
? Provide support and coverage in the day-to-day activities of the residency program, including but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding/orientation, graduation, accreditation, misc. faculty needs
? Function as the first contact liaison to students, faculty, residents, community sites, and school administration for any issues or questions relating to the clerkship
? Coordinates all medical student rotations to include developing student schedules with Chief Residents, assisting with evaluation process; working with affiliated medical schools, and maintain on-going communication with medical students/applicants.
Fiscal & Reporting Responsibilities
? Provide documentation and work with GME Office to process affiliation agreements and contracts
? Provide support to faculty to prepare and submit monthly logs
? Gather patient census and other statistical data required for reporting as needed
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience working with Medical Residency Programs or Medical Students highly desirable.
• Experience working with New Innovations or other residency management system highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.