Search Open Positions
Clinical Coordinator Cardiology Full Time Days
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Cardiology Clinical Care Coordinator (CCC) is an experienced professional nurse who through education, clinical direction, staff development, consultation, research and monitoring various patient outcomes, works towards achieving the goals of the Cardiology Department and Desert Regional Medical Center. The Cardiology CCC will have oversight and coordination responsibilities over clinical care coordination, patient education, outreach programs affiliated with the cardiology department, and serve an interdisciplinary liason between patients, physicians and diagnostic services. The CCC will assist with strategies for obtaining TJC Specific Care Certification for related Cardiology programs, in collaboration with appropriate hospital inpatient departments. The Cardiology CCC will work with physicians to collect and maintain registry and outcome data, as well as initiate research protocols as appropriate. All activities will be in compliance with the hospital’s performance improvement plans, TJC, and other licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies. All access to Patient Health information will be for treatment and or data management purposes.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Provide necessary education pertinent to the diagnosis, treatment plan, medications, diet, life style changes and community resources.
• Assist with scheduling appropriate screening testing, preadmission testing, procedures and follow up appointments
• Initiates insurance pre-authorization if needed for services
• Navigates patients through the approval process, hospital admission and post procedure care.
• Reviews clinic charts and collaborates findings with patient, physicians and the multidisciplinary team.
• Gathers patient health history and updates documentation in EMR.
• Assists with consents and patient education.
• Rounds on inpatients daily and continually assists in reevaluating plan of care.
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and facilitates necessary referrals to meet the patient’s health care needs.
• Provides patient discharge instructions, patient education and arranges follow up appointments according to registry and certification compliance.
• Contacts the patient within 72 hours of discharge to evaluate medication compliance, confirm follow up appointments, cardiac rehab enrollment and assess recovery progress.
• Reviews medical record and abstracts data to ensure complete and authentic data for all applicable registries and certifications.
• Participates in community outreach and education.
• Keep administrators, medical directors and hospital department leaders up to date on all changes within regulatory changes.16.Demonstrate ability to problem solve and be supportive of innovation and creativity of others related to changes in processes.
• Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to associate and patient privacy
• Excellent written/oral communication skills, including group dynamics and conflict resolution
• Accountable and responsible for the management of service line specific programs with collaboration with Service Line Administrator including specific protocols needed/provided by the Medical Director of the program
• Demonstrate leadership in identifying opportunities for improvement in all work processes both clinical and non-clinical with the specific programs
• Provides essential leadership and coordination of patient care services related to the identified specific program
• Specific Care meeting duties include but are not limited to taking minutes, evaluation of data, chart audits, collaboration with hospital departments involved in the care of the programs patient population and development of tools to assist in the evaluation and communication of the program.
• Maintain open and effective communication with the Medical Director of the programs to ensure physician engagement and approval of changes.
• Collaborate with the Cardiology Service Line Administrator to produce marketing items, patient testimonials and website enhancements relevant to the specific program.
• Participate in marketing and community events that promote the specific program.
• Provide continuing education for nursing staff who provide care to the program’s target population. (i.e. annual symposiums and/or summits).
• This position may be required to float to other departments within service line
• Graduate of a School of Nursing with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
• Current CA License as a Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in Cardiology, or related clinical area, with minimum of two (2) years experience working directly with patients and families, education capacity preferred.
• Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times).
• Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (maintain current at all times)
• Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, physicians, administrative staff and others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; written and verbal communication skills; computer skills.
• Flexibility; willingness to work evenings/weekends as required by classes/support groups
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Coordinator Full Time Days Graduate Medical Education Job ID: 2205019654 Date posted: 05/19/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Coordinator Full Time Days Graduate Medical Education Job ID: 2205019653 Date posted: 05/18/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Senior Human Resources Generalist Full Time Days Job ID: 2205019651 Date posted: 05/19/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet