Search Open Positions
Clinical Manager 4 Sinatra Ortho Surg Onc Full Time Days
Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Full Time Days
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the day-to-day shift operations in the Med/Surg/Bariatric/Oncology Department. He/she manages human resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner. The clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising management / administration appropriately. The Clinical Manager demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees understand difficult administrative decisions. Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Maintain Chemotherapy Competency
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Participates in the management of human resources through assisting, evaluation, counseling, and hiring of staff.
- Assists and edits payroll reports if assigned
- Applicable competencies exist for each member of the staff.
- Works with Director to ensure that performance evaluations are completed in a timely fashion for both annual and probationary evaluations.
- Appropriately counsels and disciplines staff in a timely manner with Directors input
- Interviews and hires staff with Director oversight
- Regularly attends nursing leadership meetings and takes personal responsibility for the quality and integrity of nursing administration
- Regularly participates and completes special projects when assigned
- Maintains an open communication with staff on organization, national health care and professional issues.
- Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization of human resources keeping in line with established bench marking and acuity data.
- Utilizes individual patient classification system which predicts nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to discern trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and staff mix in the daily staffing of the unit.
- Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development and cross-training as needed.
- Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to, risk management, safety, infection control.
- Performs the scheduling function when assigned
- Facilitates unit work flow and teamwork.
- Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of service.
- Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving.
- Assists in the review and revise of policies and procedures as necessary, but not less that every three years
- Assist the Director in the development and accomplishment of department long and short term goals.
- Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to Director
- Assists and edits payroll reports when assigned
- Maintains personal current knowledge and expertise in the specialty field of the department, and of regulatory agencies.
- Supports nursing strategic plan
- Facilities and supports the clinical strategic plan.
- Facilitates and supports the organizational strategic plan.
- Integrates PI into daily operations.
- Utilizes PI philosophy in developing strategic directions.
- Assists in the collection of data for unit based improvement, and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending.
- Obtains feedback on a regular basis from others within own and other departments. Collaborates with Director on mechanisms for improvement.
- Communicates self and staff concerns through proper written and verbal channels and utilizes problem solving skills to suggest mechanism for correction.
- Assists in the communicating, cooperating, and performing related duties with other members of the hospital staff courteous and efficient manner to actively contribute to overall hospital goals and objectives.
- Acts as a team member within the department and within the organization.
- Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationships with patients, families, medical director & key physicians, employees, management & administration, and related outside agencies.
Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff; and physician concerns after consultation with the Director and communicates outcome to Director
- Current California RN License
- Minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Previous management experience.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Nurse ICU Full Time Days Job ID: 2105035327-12 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Registered Nurse Telemetry Overflow Full Time Nights Job ID: 2205016053-5 Date posted: 08/08/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Telemetry Clinical Manager 4 Sinatra Full Time Nights 15K Sign on Bonus Job ID: 2105037392-12 Date posted: 07/25/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet