CT Tech Full Time 8 Hour Days
- Job ID 2105000963
- Date posted 01/20/2021
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Under the supervision of the Radiologists, the Multi-Disciplinary Imaging Technologist shall provide radiographic, CT or MRI services to the patients. The Multi-Disciplinary Imaging Technologist's primary responsibility is that of an MRI/CT Technologist or a Diagnostic Radiographer. The Multi-Disciplinary Imaging Technologist shall operate imaging equipment, develop film, and prepare exam rooms; maintaining equipment and supplies. The technologist shall provide imaging service utilizing various modalities and in multiple environments. The Multi-Disciplinary Imaging Technologist's performance and behavior shall be both reflective and supportive of the Mission Statement and Core Values of the Hospital.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Performs and demonstrates working knowledge of X-ray, CT and or MRI Equipment.
- Performs Procedures that requires sterile /aseptic technique
- Demonstrates knowledge of all CT/MRI Protocols for all exams
- Demonstrates Proficiency with all CT/MRI Equipment and Workstation
- Provides Patient Education, explains procedures to be performed and addresses patient concerns
- Verifies Physician Requests and performs requested procedures
- Reviews patient history before procedures and obtains necessary information for the Radiologist.
- Provides a safe environment for patient care, utilizing all necessary precautions to limit patient exposure.
- Promptly reports any situation that requires immediate attention.
- Works closely with co-workers and Radiologists to expedite healthcare imaging.
- Provides Emergent call back hours.
- Proficient with all department equipment and systems, Computerized Tomography, Information Systems, Pacs, AW Workstation, QB map
- Graduate of an accredited two-year school of Radiologic Technology, ARRT Registration (or equivalent) in Diagnostic Radiography
- California State license
- American Heart Association BLS required (maintain current at all times).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, physicians, visitors, and other staff members.
- California State Fluoroscopy Licensure, CT licensed, MRI License
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.