Search Open Positions
GI Tech Endoscopy Lab Per Diem Days
Per Diem, 8 Hour, Day Shift
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department.
Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The GI Tech assists Gastroenterologist with complex procedures.
Arranges and inventories all equipment needed for procedures.
The GI Tech assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning procedure rooms.
The GI Tech maintains and orders supplies for the GI department.
The GI Tech trains new GI technician.
The GI Tech maintains endoscopes, sends scopes out for repair. Keep records of all scope repairs.
Keep records for correct use of scope disinfector makes sure the chemicals and filters are changed.
Maintains a safe and clean environment. Coordinates scheduling of lab techs with Department Manager.
These duties will be under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Department Specific Duties:
- Competently assisting physicians with procedures including Colonoscopy, EGD and ERCP.
- Manual cleaning and disinfection of endoscopes accompanied by complete and accurate documentation insuring patient and employee safety.
- DSD disinfection potency checks and documentation per protocol.
- Insuring equipment is in proper working order and following repair protocol as required insuring patient and employee safety.
- DSD disinfectant changes at proper intervals or when ever potency is not achieved. Which ever come first.
- Accurate and complete documentation of disinfectant changes as well as proper disposal of used disinfectant per manufacture instructions.
- Filter changes at proper interval accompanied by accurate and complete documentation.
- Stocking workstations and ordering supplies insuring that all workstations are stocked and restocked after use.
- 24 hour PH Monitor set up.
- Ability to competentently assist physicians with procedures while on-call.
- Patient transport.
- Linen ordering, stocking and organization.
- Participation in device inservices and ongoing education.
- Work under the direction of a RN.
- Maintain IMMS stock locations and insure that all workstations are adequately stocked on a weekly basis.
- Organize and insure that all equipment is in proper working order and that required preventative maintenance is performed at appropriate interval.
- Assist in the performance of Esophageal and Rectal Manometry Tests as well as maintenance of equipment.
- Supply and equipment ordering and maintenance.
- Ensure that accurate and complete documentation is maintained in endoscope cleaning and disinfecting records as well as record organization and storage.
High School Diploma/GED
Demonstrates knowledge of all lab equipment/facilities.
Minimum 3 years GI/Endoscopy Lab Tech experience.
Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
Reads and writes legibly, understand and follow directions.
Possesses active listening skills.
Good organizational skills necessary.
Emotional demands require working and remaining calm in a stressful fast paced environment.
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times).
Completion of mandatory program to meet TJC standards is a job requirement.
Two year of college preferred
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Supervisor Full Time Days Cancer Center Job ID: 2105044948 Date posted: 11/30/2021 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Transporter Per Diem Rotate In House Transport Job ID: 2205017111 Date posted: 05/16/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Clinical Lab Scientist Medical Oncology Full Time Days Job ID: 2105035338 Date posted: 12/30/2021 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet