Search Open Positions
Graduate Medical Education Coordinator Part Time Days
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Residency Coordinator directs the day-to-day activities of the Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology or Neurosurgery Residency Programs, in conjunction with the physician program directors and GME office. Currently AOA accredited transitioning to ACGME in July 2016. The programs are new and their first class matriculated July 2015.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Manages the recruiting activities for the residency program.
- Manages Electronic Residency Application System for (ERAS) program applicants; provides access for faculty interviewers, screens candidate files.
- Plans and executes candidate interview days to include scheduling of candidates and faculty.
- Prepares and submits rank list by deadline date.
- Prepares and submits new hire paperwork for onboarding.
- Plans departmental orientation for each program.
- Provides assistance to the program directors to maintain current AOA accreditation, along with moving towards ACGME accreditation.
- Prepares materials for site visits.
- Updates AOA Opportunities website (currently); ADS for ACGME (future)
- Prepares required documents for internal reviews.
- Create and maintain resident didactic schedule including securing space, speakers, ordering food and documentation of attendance.
- Schedules in-service exams and proctors where applicable.
- Completes credentialing packets for off-site rotations.
- Arranges for appropriate elective rotations for residents.
- Populates evaluation tools in New Innovation which include resident evaluation of faculty, resident evaluation of rotation, faculty evaluation of resident, semi-annual evaluations of residents, evaluation of program by resident, evaluation of program by faculty, final written evaluations of residents and evaluations of residents by multiple evaluators.
- Attends monthly GMEC meeting and documents minutes.
- Schedules and attend CCC and PEC committee meetings and maintains documentation from each meeting.
- Creates and populates rotation schedule in New Innovations system for both programs.
- Runs gap reports on New Innovation.
Professional Support for Physician Program Director, Resident Physicians and GME Office
- Prepares required duty hour, evaluation, and procedure reports; analyzes data for resident compliance with process and for trainee and program compliance (AOA and ACGME).
- Prepares annual Opportunities (AOA) and GME Track online information on programs and residents.
- Documents verification of training for medical specialty boards for each resident as per the requirements of each specialty board.
- Maintains all alumni files.
- Updates information on residency website.
- Attends monthly Residency Coordinator meeting with GME Manager and other facility coordinators.
1/2 years of working GME experience. Good understanding of the ACGME standards
- Work Experience: At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Specific Skills: Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Education: Bachelor�s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration (Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered).
- Experience working with Medical Residency programs highly desirable.
- Experience working with New Innovations or other residency management system highly desirable.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Pay Range: $25.09 - $38.89
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an employee’s qualifications and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Supply Coordinator Full Time Rotate Job ID: 2305017989 Date posted: 03/20/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- General Maintenance Mechanic Full Time Rotate Job ID: 2305012202 Date posted: 02/01/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- General Maintenance Mechanic Full Time Rotate Job ID: 2305012201 Date posted: 02/01/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet