Graduate Medical Educational Manager
- Job ID 2105006722
- Date posted 02/22/2021
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
Under the direction of the DIO, the Manger of Graduate Medical Education is responsible for the administrative functions of the Office of Graduate Medical Education related to program and institutional accreditation, data management and analysis, financial management, and resident employment and support. The manger maintains oversight of evaluation and review of GME programs and compliance with Institutional Program and Common Program accreditation requirements. The Manager directs the activites of the residency programs in conjunction with the Program coordinators by overseeing the activites of the programs. The Manger of GME manages all educational programs in the hospital and outpatient facilities.
• Assists GME Office in carrying out institutional responsibilities including ensuring compliance with Institutional Requirements and Common Program Requirements through the development and implementation of new GME policies and procedures.
• Coordination of DIO meetings and events.
• Maintains detailed, up-to-date knowledge of accreditation standards and requirements and keeps current on developments occurring within the ACGME Next Accreditation System (NAS).
• Oversees the coordination and implementation of the GME Annual Institutional Review process, Institutional ACGME compliance monitoring, and other GME events as assigned.
• Involved in all correspondence with ACGME at the institutional and program levels.
• Makes formal recommendations for improvement based on accreditation requirements for both institutional and program accreditation.
• Prepares Special Program Review documents as needed to address problems that are identified.
• Assists Residency Program Directors and Administrative Director with preparation of documentation for ACGME site visits.
• Facilitates the development of new programs to include working with corporate resources to gather needed information to support new program accreditation.
• Drive efforts to advance residency education through accreditation.
• Creates strategic opportunities for community partnerships
• Oversight of program participation in ACGME’s Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER), Program Education Committee (PEC) and Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) meetings.
• Coordinates graduate medical education management information systems (GME TRACK, NRMP, WEB ADS and ERAS). Supports residency program participation in these systems. Supports GME utilization of electronic evaluation system.
• Collects and analyzes graduate medical education data and utilizes information in ongoing planning and program development.
• Supports the development and monitoring of annual GME budgets. Supports analysis of residency-related costs relative to training and the provision of services by residents.
• Monitors and produces reports from New Innovations for resident and fellow case logs, conferences, and duty hours.
• Plans, implements and reviews initiatives and programs to accomplish strategic goals of the institution; facilitates short- and long-term strategic plans.
• Oversees and supports recruiting activites for the residency programs
• Oversees and supports rank list deadline date
• Oversees departmental orientation and onboarding of new program coordinators and residents/fellows
• Prepares required documents for internal reviews
• Oversees any in-house medical rotations for all educational programs for the hospital and outpatient facilities
• Oversees resident and teaching faculty didactic schedules, including scheduling space and speakers
• Oversees and facilitates all off site rotations with individual programs
• Attends Graduate Medical Education Commentee (GMEC) meeting and take minutes
• Maintains all GME alumni files
• Chairs monthly Residency coordinator meetings with other facility coordinators or managers
• Bachelor’s degree in education, health care administration, business administration or related field.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of ACGME accreditation policies and procedures.
• Strong organization, analytical, communication and planning skills.
• Experience working collaboratively with executives, physicians, residents, and clinical staff.
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and work well with professionals in varied organizational relationships.
• Advanced analytical ability, including problem-solving, reasoning, and financial skills.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft applications, which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Work experience: At least 10 years in educational relevant work experience and 5 years of direct UME/GME experance.
• Experience working wth New Innovations or other residency management system.
• Experience with ACGME, AAMC, and other accreditiong regulatory bodies that affect learners, resident and fellow education and training.
• Master’s degree in education, health care administration, business administration or related field.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.