Search Open Positions
Neuro Tech Per Diem Rotate
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
To produce quality and timely neurological procedures according to physician orders. Perform quality and timely neurological procedures to support accurate medical diagnoses. Maintain facility and equipment to ensure clean, safe, secure environment at all times. Promote positive working relationships with patients, families, physicians and other departments to ensure the provision of a high level of service. Provide necessary clerical support to assure the timely, accurate processing, copying, distribution and retention of testing data. Demographic information, limited Patient Health Information related to job function.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Performs all aspects of neurodiagnostic studies including routine and complex Electroencephalograms, auditory, and sensory Electrophysiology, and polysomnography. Demonstrates competencies in all areas.
- Consistently checks patient identification and chart orders.
- Accurately summarizes patient history, completes recordings, and identification. Records comments and technical impressions legibly and timely.
- Maintain high level of technical expertise and utilizes knowledge to make accurate decisions and determination.
- Consistently follows organization and regulatory guidelines in all aspects of neurodiagnostic.
- Determines appropriate activations and recording techniques based on patient symptoms, referral requests and department policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Participates and monitors quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Supports professional growth through membership and participation in continuing education skill advancement.
- Performs on-call, outreach, registration, scheduling, and billing procedures.
- Perform appropriate supply inventory, and equipment maintenance records.
- Maintains a safe work environment and strictly adheres to hospital/departmental infection control procedures.
1 year full time experience performing neurological procedures.
A.A. degree or higher
Registered EEG Technician or eligibility.
2 years full-time performing advanced procedures in an acute level facility.
Pay Range: $28.94 - $38.90
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Cardiovascular Rad Tech Full Time Days Job ID: 2305017465-2 Date posted: 05/31/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Laboratory Supervisor Full Time Days Job ID: 2305018426-2 Date posted: 05/23/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- EEG Technician Per Diem Rotate Job ID: 2305004095-6 Date posted: 12/05/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet