Search Open Positions
Nuclear Med Tech Per Diem
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
Under the supervision of a Radiologist, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist shall provide nuclear imaging services to the patient. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist shall administer Radiopharmaceuticals to the patient, operate imaging equipment and develop film/images while participating in quality control procedures and maintaining equipment and supplies. Maintains all records required for patient documentation and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and state agencies. These records include receipt, disposal of, and administration of radiopharmaceuticals, radioactive survey results, radioactive source inventory and quality control logs. The nuclear medicine technologist's performance and behavior shall be both reflective and supportive of the Mission Statement and Core Values of the hospital. Demographic information limited Patient Health Information as related to job function.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Maintains all records for review by state and NRC.
• Must be able to communicate with physicians to implant and modify new and existing protocols.
• Monitor Technologists and be able to help maintain and efficient work environment on a daily basis.
• Help maintain department budget goals
• Maintain radiation safety at all times.
• Graduate of an AMA approved School of Nuclear Medicine Technology with national certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology by one of the following organizations:
• American Registry of Radiological Technologists (Nuclear Medicine Division) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board.
• Must also possess current Certification with the State of California (CRT).
• Completion of at least two years of college level academic credits with focus in the physical sciences or other comparable education such as Medical Technologist, Registered Nurse or Registered Radiological Technologist.
• Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required (maintain current at all times).
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to effectively assess and interact with the neonate to the geriatric patient, physicians, visitors, other staff members and outside agencies.
• B.S. in Nuclear Medicine Technology, Supervisory experience preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- MRI Tech Imaging Full Time Days Job ID: 2105035333 Date posted: 09/24/2021 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- CT Tech Full Time Nights Job ID: 2105034699 Date posted: 09/22/2021 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- CT Tech Per Diem Rotate Job ID: 2105026764 Date posted: 07/26/2021 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet