Search Open Positions
Physical Therapist Full Time Days Inpatient/Outpatient Sign On Bonus
Up to $20,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Physical Therapist Job Description
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 1 trauma facility with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute inpatient rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
- Support and assist the development of the Rehabilitation Program area(s) assigned and for the provision of physical therapy services. Rehabilitation Services at Desert Regional Medical Center may include the provision of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreational therapy to patients on acute care units, in the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, the Skilled Nursing Facility, and/or in the Outpatient Program.
- These programs provide services to include orthopedic, medical, medical-surgical, and neuro-rehab.
- Physical therapy services will be provided to infants, children, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population as indicated by qualified therapists.
- The therapist will be involved in multidisciplinary case conferences and discharge planning for patients of all ages treated at Desert Regional Medical Center.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Evaluate and implement plan of treatment under the supervision of the Physician to ensure timely provision of Physical Therapy services. Responsible for cost efficiency and quality of rehab services provided.
- Demonstrate competence through direct observation during assessment, treatment and care of patients as evidenced by the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs as it relates to age-specific criteria, knowledge of growth and development, and the understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Provide 1 educational in-service to peers annually.
- Document accurately, clearly, legibly, timely (the day and time of treatment) within the scope of practice. This will include evaluations, progress notes, reports and calls to Physicians, prescription updates, checking for authorization approvals prior to treatment and accurate charges, completing all necessary chart information to ensure accurate information for care and reimbursement. Therapists will attend and participate in care plan, daily, weekly and, discharge planning meetings and rounds as required on the unit served.
- Consistently completes all necessary and required documentation as it pertains to The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and/or California Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Independent peer review of random patient charts to ensure/document adherence to scope of practice in regards to documentation.
- Demonstrates consistent active clinical supervisory role to Physical Therapy Assistants/Physical Therapy Aides as required.
- Collaborates with peers in a professional manner.
- Meet productivity standard for primary cost center.
- Proactively assists in other rehab departments (those not your primary cost center) to ensure overall decrease in overtime/registry usage.
- Provide at least one in-service annually on issues pertaining to rehabilitation to improve the clinical strength of the department and affect program development.
- Promote quality patient care by monitoring and implementing change through the Performance Improvement Program.
- Actively participates in one or more hospital-wide interdepartmental program. (i.e. hospital-wide competencies and orientations,
- California Physical Therapy license
- Documentation of eligibility for valid California Physical Therapy license
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Required
- Experienced in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides
- 1 Year experience as a licensed Physical Therapist
Pay Range: $45.08 - $69.86
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant Full Time Days Job ID: 2305031877-5 Date posted: 07/25/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Speech Therapist Full Time Days Sign On Bonus Job ID: 2205017368-14 Date posted: 05/11/2023 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Speech Therapist Per Diem Days Job ID: 2105039325-14 Date posted: 07/14/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet