Residency Coordinator GME Full Time 8 Hour Days
- Job ID 2105006721
- Date posted 02/22/2021
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator directs the day-to-day administrative activities for approximately 24 residents within an accredited seven (3) year program, in collaboration with the Family Medicine Program Director and Program Faculty. The coordinator should be familiar with ACGME Family Medicine Program Requirements.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Manages the recruiting activities for the residency program.
• Manages Electronic Residency Application System for (ERAS) program applicants; provides access for faculty interviewers, screens candidate files.
• Plans and executes candidate interview days to include scheduling of candidates and faculty.
• Prepares and submits rank list by deadline date.
• Prepares and submits new hire paperwork for onboarding.
• Plans departmental orientation for each program.
• Provides assistance to the Program Director to maintain current ACGME accreditation.
• Prepares materials for site visits.
• Updates ACGME WebADS
• Prepares required documents for internal reviews.
• Create and maintain resident didactic schedule including securing space, speakers, ordering food and documentation of attendance.
• Schedules in-service exams and proctors where applicable.
• Completes credentialing packets for off-site rotations.
• Arranges for appropriate elective rotations for residents.
• Populates evaluation tools in New Innovation which include resident evaluation of faculty, resident evaluation of rotation, faculty evaluation of resident, semi-annual evaluations of residents, evaluation of program by resident, evaluation of program by faculty, final written evaluations of residents and evaluations of residents by multiple evaluators, tracks resident research and scholarly activities.
• Attends GMEC meetings and other meetings as assigned by the Designated Institutional Official and/or Program Director.
• Schedules and attend CCC and PEC committee meetings and maintains documentation from each meeting.
• Creates and populates rotation schedule in New Innovations system for both programs.
• Runs gap reports on New Innovation.
• Resident Payroll
• Resident Concur Report reimbursements
• Assist in department budget prep activities.
• Prepares all necessary items for cost reporting and submit to DIO.
Professional Support for Physician Program Director, Faculty, Resident Physicians and GME Office
• Prepares required duty hour, evaluation, and procedure reports; analyzes data for resident compliance with process and for trainee and program compliance.
• Track faculty development activities & faculty research and scholarly activities.
• Assist PD/faculty with duty log submission and check request for administrative review and approval.
• Provide support to clinical competency committee and annual program evaluation process.
• Documents verification of training for medical specialty boards for each resident as per the requirements of each specialty board.
• Maintains all alumni files.
• Updates information on residency website.
• Attends meetings including training seminars / conferences as requested by the DIO.
Work Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience
Specific Skills: Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration (Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered).
Experience working with Medical Residency programs highly desirable.
Experience working with data base software, e.g., New Innovations or other residency management system highly desirable.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.