Search Open Positions
RN Clinical Manager Full Time Days Float Pool
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Float Pool Charge Nurse/Clinical Manager is responsible for the shift operations in the department assigned. Department assignment will vary daily depending on the needs of the facility or as directed by the float pool director. He/she manages human resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner. The Clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising management / administration appropriately. The Clinical Manager demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees understand difficult administrative decisions. The Clinical Manager will work closely with department directors, physicians, and house supervisors to ensure patient safety, satisfaction and quality care. Use access to all Patient Health Information as necessary to carry out duties.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Provides leadership of the staff related to care of the patients and associated protocols
• Obtains and interprets information in terms of the patient’s needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
• Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the patients served.
• Facilitates patient throughput and timely discharge planning
• Participates in the management of human resources through assisting, evaluation, counseling, and interview/hiring of staff.
• Ensures that current criteria-based job performance standard and applicable competencies exist for each member of the staff.
• Maintains current records on all employees at unit level to include yearly certification, current licensure, evidence of continuing education and compliance with unit competencies.
• Assures current, comprehensive, and timely department-specific orientation for all new employees.
• Coordinates timely attendance at hospital orientation and all mandatory continuing education programs for employees.
• Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development and cross training as needed.
• Acts as a mentor in developing unit leaders and improving staff performance
• Ensures timely completions of performance evaluations for annual, probationary and interim evaluations
• Facilitates the appropriate completion and timely submission of documents to Human Resources.
• Appropriately counsels and disciplines staff in a timely manner.
• Regularly attends nursing leadership meetings and takes personal responsibility for the quality of nursing practice and integrity of the nursing department
• Maintains an open communication with staff pertaining to the department, organization, national health care and professional issues.
• Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization of human resources keeping in line with established bench marking and acuity data.
• Utilizes individual patient classification system, which predicts nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to discern trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and staff mix in the daily staffing of the unit.
• Performs the staff scheduling function (balanced schedule and submitted on time)
• Facilitates unit work flow and teamwork. Ensure breaks/rest periods are taken as scheduled (break log initials & signature)
• Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of service.
• Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions and collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective problem-solving.
• Assists in the implementation of standards of care, policies, and procedures that are appropriate and current and reviews them with all staff members concerned.
• Assists in the review and revision of policies and procedures as necessary
• Assist the director in the development and accomplishment of department long and short-term goals.
• Assists in the controls and monitor of supply costs to achieve flexed budgeted costs on a quarterly basis.
• Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to Director.
• Assists and edits payroll in a timely manner
• Maintains current knowledge and expertise in the specialty field of the department, and of the regulatory agencies.
• Regularly participates and completes special projects
• Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to, risk management, safety, infection control, patient satisfaction thru committee memberships, project team memberships, etc.
• Assists in development of a department strategic plan.
• Facilitates and supports the clinical and organizational strategic plan.
• Integrates Performance Improvement (PI) into daily operations.
• Utilizes PI philosophy in developing strategic directions.
• Assists in the collection of data for unit based improvement, and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending.
• Obtains feedback on a regular basis from others within own and other departments. Collaborates with department director on mechanisms for improvement.
• Communicates concerns from staff and/or self through proper written and verbal channels and utilizes problem-solving skills to suggest mechanism for correction.
• Assists in communicating, collaborating, and performing related duties with other members of the hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to contribute to the overall hospital goals and objectives.
• Acts as a team member within the department and within the organization.
• Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationship with patients, families, medical director & key physicians, employees, management & administration, including related outside agencies.
• Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff, and physician concerns after consultation with the director concerned and communicates outcome to the director.
Current California RN License
Minimum of 3 years acute care clinical experience
Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner
Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS training
Current NIHSS certification
Previous management experience.