RRT Respiratory Therapist 12 Hour Per Diem Days
- Job ID 2105000964
- Date posted 01/19/2021
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
The respiratory care practitioner (RCP) shall provide respiratory care to patients, and assist with functions necessary to support departmental functions. In addition, the RCP performs respiratory therapy in all non-critical areas, as well as critical care areas under minimal supervision. He/she shall complete established competencies for the position within the designated periods, and retain all applicable licensures and certifications necessary to provide respiratory care.
The Advanced Clinical Respiratory Care Practitioner provides complex patient care utilizing the most advanced concepts of Respiratory Therapy and patient focused care. The Advanced Clinical Respiratory Care Practitioner is actively involved with department protocols. He/she is a strong team member who acts as a resource as well as being involved with orientation and training of staff in the adult and pediatric care areas. Demographic information, limited Patient Health Information related to job function.
Pulmonary Services is a full service 24-hour department performing both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. A Medical Director oversees the standard of care provided.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Performs direct and indirect respiratory care services; including but not limited to: the administration
of pharmacological agents, pulmonary diagnostics (e.g. point of care testing), clinical documentation and care planning, as well as therapeutic treatments related to respiratory care procedures necessary to implement a treatment, disease prevention, pulmonary rehabilitative or diagnostic regimen prescribed by a physician or surgeon.
- Practices in accordance with regulatory standards and maintains compliance with facility policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with colleagues, physicians, and other care providers.
- Acts as a resource/consultant for other respiratory care practitioners and affiliated health care practitioners on pulmonary aspects of patient care interventions.
- Responds to emergency situations and facility CODEs.
- Maintains competencies to ensure compliance with all regulatory statues.
- Reports unusual patient conditions/reactions when identified to an immediate supervisor, including completion of a facility electronic occurrence report as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains electronic documentation of all work/services rendered, providing written/verbal hand-off communication to oncoming staff.
- Helps perform quality control and maintenance on respiratory care equipment, including blood gas analyzers when appropriate.
- Helps maintain a safe working environment, including utilizing facility resources efficiently and effectively.
- Accurately identifies and addresses patient population specific needs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, including department and facility-based quality measures.
- Assists with orientation, education, and training of department staff as appropriate.
- Current Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in State of California
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician with 3 years’ experience or graduate of an AMA 2-4 year Respiratory Therapist program; or Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) w/ credentials awarded by the National Board for Respiratory Care on or after July 01, 2002.
- Licensure must be maintained and current at all times).
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times).
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification (maintain current at all times); excludes NICU.
- Current American Heart Association PALS Certification (maintain current at all times); excludes NICU.
- If in NICU, three (3) years of acute care experience, with completion with of Desert Regional Medical Center’s intubation certification program, BLS, NRP, and STABLE within 90 days of hire (maintain current at all times).
- If Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner (ADV) – must complete criteria outlined in the facility’s Clinical Ladder policy, and provide all documentation for programmatic review and acceptance annually (if ineligible during any one cycle, the candidate will be returned to standard clinical RCP/RRT status).
- Two (2) to three (3) years acute care experience.
- Graduate of a 2-4 year AMA therapist program, or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional organization (i.e. ARRC, NBRC, etc).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.