Search Open Positions
Senior Human Resources Generalist Full Time Days
The Sr. HR Generalist (Labor Relations Specialist) will assist with labor relations and human resources matters, gathering, collecting, and maintaining documents and records required for contract and policy development, investigations, and negotiations.
- Handles routine human resource inquiries and labor relations related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; refers complex matters to appropriate management staff.
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints.
- Conducts initial interviews and gathers information for employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns; informs appropriate HR staff when additional investigation is required.
- Assists with recordkeeping related to hiring, termination, leave, transfer, and promotion particularly as related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and diversity initiatives.
- Collects information and data to assess cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes. This may include management and union proposals, pay scales and wages, benefits, working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances.
- Conducts surveys, interviews, and other research related to human resource policies, compensation, and other labor negotiations; collects information and reports results to Human Resources Director/Manager.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations, and human resources.
- Assists with preparation of plans, policies, documents, organizational charts, labor agreements, and employee handbooks.
- Assists with preparation of documents and records required for contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field required; may substitute equivalent experience.
- At least three years of professional human resource administration required with experience in employee relations preferred.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Marketing Coordinator Full Time Days Marketing Job ID: 2205016115 Date posted: 04/27/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Administrative Assistant FT Days Graduate Medical Education Job ID: 2205019652 Date posted: 05/18/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
- Marketing Manager Full Time Days Marketing Job ID: 2205016116 Date posted: 04/27/2022 Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet