Supply Chain Manager Full Time Days
- Job ID 1905001897
- Date posted 01/16/2019
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Supply Chain Manager Full Time Days Desert Regional Medical Center
The Manager is responsible for managing supply chain operations within the facility. This position works under the supervision of the Director of Materials Management. Manages the activities and personnel engaged in furnishing supplies, equipment and services, to all departments of the medical center in the most efficient and cost effective manner to ensure uninterrupted patient care.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Facility Director of Materials Management, this position manages day-to-day operations of the Materials Management department.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Assists with management of facility contracts for consumable goods, purchased services and capital equipment while working with the appropriate GPO Service Line Director or Contracting person.
• Enforces client procurement, materials and finance policies and procedures in support of internal controls.
• Supervises the operations of the Purchasing department who assist facility staff requesting goods and services and directs their requests to appropriate contracted sources.
• Supervises the operations of the materials management function tasked with receipt of goods, services and capital equipment
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, educating, evaluating and providing progressive disciplinary counseling in accordance with Tenet policies as it relates to Materials Management employees.
• Responsible for bi weekly payroll function and reporting.
• Reviews and requests new charge codes via ECDM
• Functions as Pyxis coordinator for the Facility.
• Directly responsible for stock location 1 Inventory values and management.
• Supervises the distribution of supplies from receiving and central stores locations to all internal and external (off-site) consuming locations
• Represents the Materials Management department on various hospital Committees
• Coordinates product, service and capital equipment conversions
• Communicates all product, service and capital equipment conversion activities and associated value analysis committee deliberations to appropriate facility constituencies (physicians, clinicians, department heads, etc.) as necessary to support product conversions
• Acts as an advisor/resource to all departments regarding sourcing options for goods, services and capital equipment
• Serves as a liaison for all facility-specific vendor management issues
• Complies with all annual Tenet and Facility required certifications and education.
• Performs all duties with a focus on integrity, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 5+ years of Supply Chain experience required in a purchasing environment
• Previous management experience in healthcare setting, supervising staff and daily operations
• Strong, positive interpersonal skills and should be able to rapidly establish credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative and trustful relationships with all levels of a client organization
• Must demonstrate sound business judgment with a strong understanding of hospital operations, health care products and services, supply chain processes and finance.
• The ability to work on assignments independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting is required.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Hospital provider experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.