Surgical Tech OR Per Diem Variable Shift
- Job ID 1905045391
- Date posted 11/16/2019
- Facility Desert Regional Medical Center
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
- Picks supplies and instrumentation for surgical procedures.
- Participates in maintenance of preference cards.
- Assists RN with room preparation.
- Maintains and promotes a clean environment and uses infection control practices
- Participates in sterilization and disinfection processes
- Assists in cleaning between cases
- Sets up and maintains sterile field
- Selects and sets up appropriate instrumentation for cases and cares for specialty instrumentation
- Maintains accurate count of sponges, sharps, and instruments
- Follows preference cards to select routine supplies, equipment and instruments
- Assists with draping and positioning of patients
- Passes appropriate instruments and supplies to surgeon and assistant
- Handles, labels, and passes medications to surgeon under the supervision of the RN
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times).
- Completion of a formal OR tech training program
- Certified as an Operating Room Technician preferred
- One year s experience in the operating room preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.