Billing Specialist - Abrazo Heart Institute - Phoenix
- Job ID 1905034668
- Date posted 09/09/2019
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Support billing and collections functions of the medical practice
- Enter charges in a timely manner.
- File claims and run/work audit trails daily
- Process ERAs, payments, and adjustments
- Balance daily activity
- Prepare and send Batch Cover Sheet to Director and accounting
- Ensure that front office staff properly collects copays and balances due at time of service by auditing patient financial data up to 2 days before visit
- Review/work delinquent insurance and patient balances Work credit balances
- Run reports as requested by management or accounting
Required: High school diploma/GED required
Preferred: Completion billing or coding program
Required: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in medical billing
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable collection process
- Knowledge of the Red Flag rules
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete billing tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.