Billing Specialist - Ortho Scottsdale AZ - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1805021666
- Date posted 06/06/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Billing Specialist - Ortho West - Phoenix AZ - Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focuses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
General Summary: Support billing and collections functions of the medical practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1.Enter charges in a timely manner
2.File claims and run/work audit trails daily
3.Process ERAs, payments, and adjustments
4.Balance daily activity- Prepare and send Batch Cover Sheet to Director and accounting
5.Ensure that front office staff properly collects copays and balances due at time of service by auditing patient financial data up to 2 days before visit
6.Review/work delinquent insurance and patient balances
7.Work credit balances
8.Run reports as requested by management or accounting
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion billing or coding program preferred.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in medical billing
Other Requirements: None
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable collection process
- Knowledge of the Red Flag rules
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete billing tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.