Care Coordinator Rep I / Abrazo Scottsdale Campus / Phoenix AZ
- Job ID 1705048106
- Date posted 12/06/2017
- Scheduling appointments with established PCP
- If patient does not have a PCP, finding a PCP that accepts the patients insurance and scheduling an appointment in the appropriate time frame.
- Scheduling appointments with Specialist that honor’s the patient’s primary care physician’s preferences and coordinating the specialist referral based on patient’s insurance needs.
- Responding to physician requests for patient charts, labs, referral documents, etc.
- Confirming patient arrival at specialist appointments and tracking the patient’s care direction after the appointment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to convey to patients the importance of adhering to clinical care plan when being discharged from both ER and Inpatient environment
- Ability to interact well with ER staff so that navigator is positioned/seen as another member of clinical care team by the patient
- Ability to develop good relationship with hospital staff
- Ability to develop trusted relationship with outpatient physicians in order to improve appointment scheduling and communication between post-acute care providers and the hospital.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Demonstrated Customer Service Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.