Care Coordinator Rep II / Phoenix Baptist Hospital- Abrazo Central Campus / Phoenix AZ
- Job ID 1705048109
- Date posted 12/06/2017
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The care coordinator II will be responsible with assisting every patient that passes through the Emergency Department during his/her shift in addition to assisting case managers coordinate post discharge care for admitted patients as required. In addition to scheduling the patient’s care before and during the ER discharge, the care coordinator will also serve as a point of contact inside the hospital for members of the affiliated provider network such as physician practices, nursing homes, and home health agencies. The care coordinator will also be responsible for assisting the hospital case managers in coordinating post discharge care for patients that have been identified as needing assistance by the case managers. They will also assist in coordinating care for other service lines (cancer, joint replacement, etc.) that are identified by the business development team as in need of assistance. The care coordinator will be responsible for marketing the Care Continuity program with the assistance of the business development team to the affiliated provider network. The care coordinator will visit physician offices/outpatient providers, introduce the offices to the Care Continuity program, provide the offices with logins and passwords, and collect the appropriate signed security documents from the offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Scheduling appointments with established PCP
- If patient does not have a PCP, finding a PCP that accepts the patient’s insurance and scheduling an appointment in the appropriate time frame.
- Scheduling appointments with Specialist that honor’s the patient’s primary care physician’s preferences and coordinating the specialist referral based on patient’s insurance needs.
- Marketing the Care Continuity program to the affiliated provider network with the assistance and direction of the business development team.
- Responding to physician requests for patient charts, labs, referral documents, etc.
- Confirming patient arrival at specialist appointments and tracking the patient’s care direction after the appointment.
- Directing and answering patient and physician questions about the patient’s inpatient stay to the appropriate providers in the hospital.
- Following patients for the appropriate time period (30 days) in order to confirm that the patient is compliant with the appropriate care plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey to patients the importance of adhering to clinical care plan when being discharged from both ER and Inpatient environment
- Ability to interact well with ER staff so that navigator is positioned/seen as another member of clinical care team by the patient
- Ability to develop good relationship with hospital staff so that navigator can work as part of case management team and point of contact for the outpatient environment
- Ability to develop trusted relationship with outpatient physicians in order to improve appointment scheduling and communication between post-acute care providers and the hospital.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- LVN preferred or equivalent work experience in a healthcare setting
- Basic Computer Literacy
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.