Chief Operating Officer, Abrazo Central & Scottsdale Campuses - Phoenix & Scottsdale, AZ
- Job ID 1905001309
- Date posted 01/10/2019
- Facility Abrazo Central Campus
- Provide strong leadership, direction, and assistance in setting strategy with clearly defined expectations. Lead the development of progressive physician/facility strategies and execute plans in order to optimize the long-term potential of the facility.
- Display strong business acumen, a sophisticated knowledge of healthcare funding, and experience in competitive marketplaces with the ability to make complex and difficult decisions.
- Establish a plan to address productivity, operational performance, staff retention and satisfaction.
- Partner with medical staff to foster quality, efficiently provided care. Emerge as respected leader and decision-maker.
- Establish trust and emerge as a leader in key initiatives and strategies to continually improve the quality and level of services provided.
- Create an environment that supports employee satisfaction, improved service and quality. Initiate a strategic process that addresses continuous measurable improvement.
- Exhibit strong communication, presentation and listening skills to ensure facility-wide collaboration and coordination, especially as concerns physicians, employees and the community.
- Assure the highest standards of healthcare delivery and outcomes, ensuring a constant patient focus.
- Ensure positive employee relations and trust through communication, education, consistency and dependability.
- A minimum of ten years of successful progressive healthcare/facility management experience. A demonstrable record of significant career progression, having culminated in a senior management position as either a Chief Operating Officer, Senior Operations Officer or Chief Executive Officer in a progressive, financially sound hospital system.
- High level, complex problem solving abilities both in groups and in one-on-one situations.
- Demonstrated success in leading process improvement initiatives in a tertiary facility.
- First-hand successful experience as a Chief Operating Officer (or equivalent) in a highly competitive environment.
- Highly developed expertise in quantitative analysis to support definition and advancement for the facility’s goals and objectives.
- Decisive leader, with the ability to understand physicians’ viewpoints and needs, and work strategically in the best interest of patients and the facility. A strong reputation for sustained, inclusive, trust-based physician relations.
- Proven success in balancing cost/quality issues and partnering with medical staff to address productivity improvements in non-labor reduction initiatives.
- Experience in a system with excellent employee, physician and patient satisfaction, quality and outcomes improvement programs.
- An understanding of information systems as they pertain not only to accounting but also to decision support, cost management and revenue enhancement.
- The ability to maximize revenue potential in a thoughtful manner, cognizant of potential compliance issues.
- Capable of working with staff and assisting them in their continued development, as well as enhancing their performance in a supportive team environment.
- One who is open to change and new information, adapting behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Someone who adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- A high orientation to detail with proven analytical and financial skills.
- One who encourages open dialogue and delegates authority and accountability comfortably. Demands excellence and monitors outcomes.
- The capacity, maturity, stature and communication skills to eventually assume a more senior leadership role in a hospital system.
- An individual who has successfully driven initiatives that require coordination from multiple constituencies such as human resources, finance, information systems, lab, and pharmacy.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, and medical staff.
- Must listen actively and accurately, encourage input from others. Provide clear directions. Maintain an ongoing dialogue with employees to ensure continual progress.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills. Articulate, good conversationalist and possessing a gracious demeanor.
- A collaborative and operational manager who will give employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.