DATA ANALYST, DECISION SUPPORT - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1805038457
- Date posted 11/08/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
ANALYST, DECISION SUPPORT - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
General Summary: Plan, supervise, direct and administer business functions and related processes. Develop, maintain, analyze and report on services financial and statistical information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Collects and tracks monthly, quarterly and annual process improvement measures performance
- Conducts analysis of data in cooperation with the medical staff to analyze and interpret data for performance and utilization trends, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Understands current issues, practices and trends in healthcare and communicates to employees as appropriate.
- Presents data collected in an organized format to facilitate analysis and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Provides summary or detail reports of findings from data collection
Education: Bachelor Degree in healthcare administration, business management, Accounting or Finance required
Experience: Two years’ experience in healthcare management and data analysis required
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of clinical workflows
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with accounting systems
- Skill in customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.