Discharge Planner for CM Department Per Diem Days at Scottsdale
- Job ID 2005035986
- Date posted 10/23/2020
- Facility Abrazo Scottsdale Campus
Abrazo Scottsdale Campus (located at AZ-51 and Bell Road in Phoenix) is a 136-bed full-service acute care community-based hospital which has provided excellent comprehensive medical care to patients in the northeastern region of metro Phoenix for more than 30 years. Abrazo Scottsdale Campus provides specialized services such as an accredited chest pain center, wound care and hyperbaric (high pressure) medicine, advanced orthopedics featuring navigational technology and sports medicine, expanded rehabilitation services, enhanced diagnostic imaging.
Position Summary for the Discharge Planner Per diem Days
The individual s responsibilities include the following activities: arrange post-discharge service, create and follow up on electronic referrals using the Tenet Case Management system, review patient choice letters with patients/families for required signatures, provide follow up Important Message to Medicare patients prior to discharge, communicate with patients, families and other members of the care team, complete tasks assigned by Case Manager and Social Work staff, make copies, send faxes and complete phone calls, complete process reviews or audits as requested, and other duties as assigned
- Makes referrals for post-acute services under the direction of the RN Case Manager or Social Work (SW) staff utilizing the electronic Tenet Case Management system.
- Provides patients and families with choices of post-acute providers per Tenet policy.
- Responds to post-acute providers timely and completes referrals per Tenet policy.
- Documents and communicates all elements of the post-acute referral to the RN Case Manager or SW and the healthcare team, patient/family and post-acute providers.
- Completes tasks as assigned by RN or LVN Case Manager and/or SW staff.
- Makes copies, send faxes and complete phone calls to arrange post-acute services and to ensure that appropriate hospital information is communicated to post-acute providers.
- Documents all referrals and tasks in the Tenet Case Management system per Tenet policy.
- Education Provides patients and healthcare team information regarding resources and benefits available to the patient along with the economic impact of care options.
- Compliance- Adheres to federal, state, and local regulations and accreditation requirements impacting case management scope of services.
- Adheres to department structure and staffing, policies and procedures to comply with the CMS Conditions of Participation and Tenet policies.
The individual in this position works under the direction of the RN and/or Social Worker to complete referrals for post acute services for patients and assist with tasks that do not require a clinical license or degree.
EDUCATION:Minimum: Must be high school graduate or equivalent. Associate s Degree preferred.
One year of related experience required. Three (3) years experience in an acute care setting and/or Social Work related field preferred.
American Heart Association BLS Certification.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Strong knowledge of nationwide resources highly desirable.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.