Laboratory Manager for Abrazo Medical Group in Phoenix
- Job ID 1905034747
- Date posted 09/10/2019
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group is opening up a new Centralized Laboratory in the Phoenix Market
N Lake Pleasant Parkway, Suite 200, Peoria, AZ 85383
Full TimeDaytime Hours
- The Lab Manager will be directly responsible for managing
all administrative and operational functions of a laboratory, including but not
limited to smooth and efficient operations, inventory control, personnel
management, patient relations and work flow.
- The Manager will support the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Healthcare through daily
- Oversees the development and implementation of goals and
objectives; develop and implement new office procedures as necessary
to improve office flow and overall operations; and will provide
recommendations and follow up actions to operational inefficiencies.
- In addition manages the daily operations including staff
scheduling, cash reconciliation, charge entry, and operational checks and
- Works closely with the CBO to ensure A/R is optimally liquidated,
denials are minimized, refunds are issued, and customer service is
- Manages Human Resources by interviewing, hiring, orienting
and evaluating ensuring optimal staffing at all times.
- Reviews the operational budget and expenditures and works to
ensure the practice stays within the budget parameters.
- Prepares reports and statistical summaries as requested by
management. Provides monthly reporting with recommendations or action plans on
- Assist with strategic planning and resource
- Assists the management of the market to work with physician
leadership to identify new lines of business, additional streams of
- and new methods to mitigate costs.
- Works to ensure that the site is in regulatory compliance
with agencies such as OSHA, CLIA, Medi Cal, DHS and others as
- Drives Corporate incentives.
- Responsible for Meaningful Use compliance by all Providers.
- Performs duties while demonstrating strong, interpersonal
and communication skills that allows work to flow in a positive, constructive,
- Works with all team members to facilitate congenial and
professional working relationships with subordinates, peers, and superiors thus
- a harmonious work environment.
- Ensures that all contacts with patients, senior leadership,
managers, the public, physicians and other personnel are carried out in a
- helpful and considerate manner.
- Answers telephones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Displays concern and provides assistance or explains
procedures as appropriate to callers or in face-to-face situations.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers.
- Works with customers to identify problem areas and recommend
Education: Bachelor Degree (BA,BS) in clinical laboratory sciences area or any related field or equivalent combination of educations and experience
- 5 years related laboratory experience with 3 years supervisory experience required. Management experience preferred in a laboratory setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to gather, analyze and interpret information
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.