Lead Cardio Vascular Echo Tech - BILTMORE CARDIOLOGY - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1905036800
- Date posted 09/20/2019
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Lead Echo Tech - Biltmore Cardiology - PhoenixAddress: 4444 N. 32nd St., Phoenix AZ
Performs cardiac diagnostic procedures including Echocardiograms, Trans-Esophageal Echo and Stress Echos.
Ensures high quality test are performed and reports are properly forwarded into Physician reading station and charges are done on a daily basis.
Responsible for the clinical oversight for the echo exam quality, MD reporting process and PI reporting of MD reading data.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Use of non-invasive procedures to examine heart valves, chambers and blood vessels to produce images known as echocardiograms (ECGs)
- Perform imaging and non-imaging cardiovascular evaluations which may include exercise tolerance tests, Holter monitoring, event recorders, electrocardiograms, stress tests, and transesophageal echocardiography
- Obtains patient history, explains procedures to patient, addresses patients concerns, and follows established pre-screening policy and procedure.
- Determines appropriate methodology and techniques to use; arranges immobilization and/or support devices for proper patient positioning; selects appropriate imaging device.
- Prepares patient for echocardiography procedures, positions patient as appropriate for prescribed procedure, and assists patients at completion of procedure.
- Uses good judgment when determining if the procedure was sufficient for proper diagnoses, or if additional imaging procedures are needed.
- Provides images, data analysis, and patient information to the physician for diagnostic interpretation.
- Prepares facilities in accordance with procedural requirements; calibrates equipment as required by the institution.
- Monitors the patient s physical condition during the course of the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, supervisor and/or cardiologist.
- Recognize abnormal rhythms and immediately notify Physician or appropriate clinical staff.
- Maintain accurate patient documentation, including computerized documentation.
- Performs general office duties: maintains stock supplies, assists administrators in determining quantities for purchase, records procedure codes for billing purposes, and scheduling patients.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Troubleshoot equipment and document errors or equipment malfunctions; escalate issues and concerns to engineer, supervisor, and/or cardiologist.
- Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and permitted by the policies and procedures of Supplemental Health Care, and other local, state, and federal guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the services
Required: Graduate of accredited school of ultrasound or echocardiography
Required: 1 year to two years echo cardio vascular experience
Registered with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS). Licensing: Current state certification, licensure or license eligible in states where applicable. Current CPR certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.