Medical Records Specialist - BILTMORE CARDIOLOGY - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1905036801
- Date posted 09/20/2019
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
General Summary: Position assists office with medical records. Compiles, maintains, copies, retrieves and tracks medical records.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Compile and maintain medical files for individual patient
- Retrieve paper medical records per physician request or in preparation for office visits
- Track paper medical charts to ensure they are returned to file system.
- Scan paper charts into EMR system.
- Review and process requests for medical record information.
- Answer telephone and assist patients, insurance companies, etc. Notate requested information in EMR.
- Obtain medical records from other physicians offices or hospitals.
- Release records to physicians offices, attorneys, patients and insurance companies in
Accordance state and HIPAA policies.
- Coordinate and maintain handicap sticker/decal forms.
- Complete patient demographic on disability forms and family leave forms. Complete information on Death Certificates. Forward all forms to appropriate team for physician approval and signature. Scan in all requests for copies of documents for release of information and notate status in EMR.
- Bill and collect from Insurance companies, attorneys office for copies of records following applicable state guidelines.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion of a billing program preferred.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 1 years of experience working in medical office setting
- Knowledge of document imaging
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.