Patient Service Representative for Abrazo Medical Group Call Center
- Job ID 2005023733
- Date posted 09/15/2020
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
500.00 sign on bonus for new hires!
Medical office position responsible for front office processes in the physician practice
- Collects co-pays and post charges.
- Charge entry and patient balance processing.
- Distributes information to patients regarding office policies, procedures, information about the practice, etc.
- Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge..
Experience: One year customer service experience, preferably in a hospital or physician office setting.
Other Requirements: None
- Knowledge of third party payers regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance verification process
- Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD 10 CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.