Patient Service Representative for Abrazo Medical Group Orthopedics
- Job ID 2005035100
- Date posted 10/14/2020
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
$500 Sign on Bonus
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for front office processes in the physician practice.
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code
of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job
functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
5. Answering office phones, making appointments, confirming appointments and rescheduling when
6. Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
7. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
8. Collects co-pays and posts charges.
9. Charge entry and patient balance processing.
10. Distributes information to patients regarding office policies, procedures, information about the practice,
11. Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
12. Additional responsibilities as needed.Responsibilities
Required: High school diploma/GED.
Preferred: Completion of medical office assistant program
Required: Must have 2 years of experience working in a medical office setting
Preferred: Healthcare management/administration certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.