Physician Practice Manager - Ortho Specialist - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1805001559
- Date posted 01/12/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focusses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
Physician Practice Manager - Orthopedic Specialist - Abrazo Medical Group
Address: 3811 E. Bell Road, Suite 309, Phoenix AZ 85032
The Physician Practice Manager is directly responsible for managing all administrative and operational functions associated with an assigned practice(s.) This includes ensuring a smooth and efficient operation, inventory control, personnel management, patient relations, and patient flow, and may manage the facilities as well.
- The Manager will support the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Healthcare through daily operations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of goals and objectives; develop and implement new office procedures as necessary to improve office flow and overall operations; and will provide recommendations and follow up actions to operational inefficiencies.
- In addition manages the daily operations including staff scheduling, cash reconciliation, charge entry, and operational checks and balances.
- Works closely with the CBO to ensure A/R is optimally liquidated, denials are minimized, refunds are issued, and customer service is conducted.
- Manages Human Resources by interviewing, hiring, orienting and evaluating ensuring optimal staffing at all times.
- Reviews the operational budget and expenditures and works to ensure the practice stays within the budget parameters.
- Prepares reports and statistical summaries as requested by management.
- Provides monthly reporting with recommendations or action plans on any issues.
- Assist with strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Assists the management of the market to work with physician leadership to identify new lines of business, additional streams of revenue, and new methods to mitigate costs.
- Works to ensure that the site is in regulatory compliance with agencies such as OSHA, CLIA, Medi Cal, DHS and others as appropriate.
- Drives Corporate incentives.
- Responsible for Meaningful Use compliance by all Providers
- Three or more years of experience in progressive and hands-on managerial experience in a medical practice, Ortho experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated skill using MS Office products including Excel and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare fiscal management and human resource management practices
- Understanding of electronic medical record and billing systems and related applications, with familiarity with ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to gather, analyze and interpret information
- Knowledge of Meaningful Use
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.