Physician Practice Supervisor - Abrazo Medical Group - Union Hills Office
- Job ID 1705040842
- Date posted 10/10/2017
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focusses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
The Physician Practice Supervisor is responsible for managing all administrative and operational functions associated with an assigned practice(s). This includes ensuring smooth and efficient operations, inventory control, ordering supplies, personnel management, patient relations, and patient flow. The Physician Practice Supervisor is a working manager who is capable of performing all the clerical functions and fills in as needed. The supervisor will adheres to and support the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of TPR, including adhering to HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
Responsibilities include optimizing staff performance in the office; scheduling staff and assigning work; training/coaching; and overseeing daily operations of the office including cash reconciliation, charge entry, and operational checks and balances. Works to enhance physician productivity and patient satisfaction, ensure maximized reimbursements, and ensure practice locations are in compliance with regulatory requirements, patient confidentiality standards, and payor regulations. Resolves patient issues as needed
- 5 years’ of experience working in a physician office with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- College degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of fiscal and human resource management in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications including electronic medical records and MS Office products
- Skills in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information and making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to exercise initiative with effective problem solving and decision-making, and to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Solid knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding, chart audit processes, HIPAA, and collection processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with patients, physicians, and staff in a tactful, diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively lead staff
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.