Radiology Tech - Ortho Scottsdale AZ - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1805021316
- Date posted 06/04/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Radiology Tech - Ortho Scottsdale AZ - Abrazo Medical Group -
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focuses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position to perform routine X-ray examinations (i.e., takes and develop X-Rays, orders supplies for the X-Ray department, keeps X-Rays and records filed and maintains records required by the state in accordance with company policies, procedures and applicable regulations..
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develop and process radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by Physician, PA, or NP. Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify and file reports as required.
- Maintain x-ray room, stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Request, retrieve and track files to and from other departments or centers.
- Work closely with the Physician, PA, or NP to receive guidance and instruction for
- Perform lab work as directed by Physician, PA, or NP
- Makes suggestions to improve work methods.
17. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
and completion from an accredited radiology program.
Experience: Two years of experience working in an x-ray tech capacity
- Knowledge of performing X-RAYs.
- Understanding proper operation of X-RAY equipment.
- Knowledge of using medical equipment including stethoscope, scales, and blood pressure cuff, etc.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party venders, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: X-RAY
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.