RN Case Manager - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
- Job ID 1805019487
- Date posted 05/29/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focuses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses.Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area.Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
The goal of care coordination is to assist in managing care, cost, and outcomes for patients across the continuum of care. The RN Care Manager will provide comprehensive care coordination for high-risk patients by advocating and facilitating options and services to meet our patients’ health care needs. This will be accomplished by developing and implementing a plan of care for identified patients and monitoring progress.
- Reviews medical records to assess potential risk factors and barriers to care. Proactively collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary clinical care team to identify needs and document a clear and comprehensive care plan.
- Screen all members to assess the status of common social determinants of health and assists in development, implementation and revision of individual care plans in a manner that promotes sound financial stewardship and patient-family advocacy. Provides education regarding medical compliance, crisis intervention, support groups, etc.
- Assesses patient’s bio-psychosocial status, which may include, but not be limited to, mental health status, support systems, safety issues, risk for abuse/neglect, suicide risk assessment, coping skills, family systems, and cognitive abilities, etc.
- Identifies potential risk factors and barriers to care. Proactively collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary clinical care team to identify needs and document a clear and comprehensive care plan.
- Assures proper care transitions for high risk patients by collaborating with hospital staff, AMG providers, payers, referral coordinators, and various community services.
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction with members of the interdisciplinary clinical care team and proactively engages patients and families across the continuum of care.
- Plans, recommends and implements approved protocols, policies, and guidelines and supports the overall organization values and mission.
1.Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all customers, i.e. coworkers, patients, families, physicians, etc.
2.Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
3.Maintains current knowledge of community and other resource networks to meet patient and family needs, to provide relevant resources, and to assist, as necessary, with connecting the patient/family to the relevant resources.
4.Other miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a combination of Associates degree in Nursing coupled with 3 years clinical experience (required)
- Current State of Arizona RN license or the ability to establish licensure according to Arizona law prior to start date (required)
- Current BLS Certification for Healthcare Provider (required)
- Care coordination, case management, discharge planning and/or utilization review experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of hospital resources, community resources and resource/utilization management (preferred)
Special Skills & Requirements:
- Computer competency skills. Experience with Excel, Word, and Electronic Medical Records (required)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills (required)
- Effective critical thinking, decision-making/problem solving skills, demonstration of creativity in problem-solving, and influential leadership skills (required)
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
JOB: General Practice
PRIMARY LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
FACILITY: Staff Abrazo Medical Group
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SHIFT TYPE: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.