Search Open Positions
This position provides or supports service to all internal/external customers under the general direction of the Director, Health Information Management Services, with wide latitude for independent decision within the overall policies and procedures of the Health Information Management Services Department.
- Single or multi-department management of operations.
- Manages day to day operations to include orientation, training and evaluation of staff.
- Enforces policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Position has budgetary or fiscal accountability.
- Effectively manages/supervises all staff in the Health Information Management Services Department.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure the department is in continuous compliance with state, federal, and JCAHO standards.
- Monitors quality and quantity of work produced and takes action if needed.
- Position is responsible for approving timekeeping and approving supply orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and implements courses of actions to achieve department/organizational/ and corporate service goals ensuring quality and quantity standards of work are met. Forecasts, allocates, and utilizes material resources to accomplish department/organizational/ and corporate service goals. Ensures the department is staffed appropriately. Interviews, hires, orients, trains and evaluates new staff members in conjunction with the HIMS Director. Interacts effectively and efficiently with the medical staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Communicates issues to the HIMS Director in a timely manner. Liaison between HIMS and all department vendors. Resolves issues in a timely manner. Interacts effectively and efficiently with Administration, Nursing, Ancillary and Support Departments and maintains a good rapport.
- Assists with the formation of policies and procedures and the implementation of these procedures. Performs the necessary edits when necessary for the time management system and payroll. Assists with the completion of employee appraisal as well as employee coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Performs on-going documentation review in accordance with Joint Commission standards and completes data entry and trending as needed. Assists in ensuring compliance with Federal State, Corporate, Hospital, Joint Commission standards and guidelines. Actively participates on committees and task forces as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in utilizing the hospital information system. Educates staff on the system and evaluates competency
- Three years of progressive leadership experience in Health Information Management.
- Skilled and advanced working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to utilize independent decision making in a variety of situation to include management decisions.
- Strong knowledge of all major aspects of health information management functions.
- Graduate of an approved program of an AHIMA for RHIA or RHIT.
Position will remotely support Tenet corporate located in Texas. Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Clinical Documentation Specialist Full Time Job ID: 2305012347 Date posted: 02/02/2023 Facility: Abrazo Community Health Network
- Concierge Full Time Days Job ID: 2305007375 Date posted: 12/28/2022 Facility: Abrazo Scottsdale Campus
- Health Info Tech I Full Time Days Job ID: 2205036039 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: Abrazo Community Health Network
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet