Search Open Positions
The EMT Basic is an essential position accountable for administering basic life support and stabilization procedures to patients at the accident or illness scene, and during transport to medical facilities. It is the expectation that the EMT Basic will exemplify the highest professional standards and continuously fosters an enriching, supportive and dynamic team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Department Knowledge and Experience
· At least one year full time experience as a 911 EMS provider preferred.
2. Formal Education
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
3. Licensure and Certification:
· South Carolina EMT basic certification
· Nationally Registered EMT certification within one year of employment
· South Carolina and National Registry Advanced EMT required within one year of employment if hired on or after 9/8/15
· BCLS required
· PALS or PEPP required within orientation period
· NIMS compliant with Incident Command/Incident Management within orientation period
o 100, 200, 700, 800
· Valid South Carolina or North Carolina Drivers License
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN PACU PRN Days Job ID: 2105039865 Date posted: 10/19/2021 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
- Stroke Coordinator Full-Time Days Job ID: 2105039410 Date posted: 10/14/2021 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
- Trauma PI/Outreach Coordinator Full-Time Days Job ID: 2105039409 Date posted: 10/19/2021 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet