Search Open Positions
MT MLT Gold Hill Freestanding ED Full Time Evenings
Full Time Evenings M-F12p-8:30p
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus** paid over 2 years
Position location: Freestanding Emergency Department- Gold Hill
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Medical Technologist perform various tests to analyze the blood, body fluids and tissues as ordered by Healthcare personnel.
- Under the general supervision of departmental section supervisors, precisely and accurately, orders, performs and evaluates technical procedures in the different subsections of the clinical laboratory department.
- Receives, processes, and distributes specimens appropriately and in a timely manner.
- CLS properly stores specimens for further testing, as needed.
- Assists with the training of new employees and students.
- Maintains equipment and supply inventory.
- Adheres to laboratory and hospital policies (i.e. attendance, continuing education, dress code, infection control, and patient confidentiality) and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge and practices current regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares and participates in processes relating to regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission, CAP and AABB. Follows best practice for infection control in accordance with hospital and regulatory guidelines.
- Follows best practice for infection control in accordance with hospital and regulatory guidelines.
- Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
THE MT MLT FULL TIME EVENINGS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree or equivalent experience; graduate of accredited school of medical laboratory technicians or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Required: 0 - 2 years as a medical laboratory technician. 1 to 2 years of job-related experience is preferred.
Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses: Required: The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489, Jan. 24, 2003). Required: Registered or Registry-eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, AMT or equivalent) within one year of hire. Licensure, as required by State law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Assistant II Full Time Nights Job ID: 2205021140 Date posted: 06/01/2022 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
- EMT PRN Weekends Job ID: 2205029071 Date posted: 08/03/2022 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
- MT MLT Microbiology Full Time Days Job ID: 2205029881 Date posted: 08/10/2022 Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet